Sunday, July 15, 2012

YOP1213 Week 2: White is white, not always...



Not a lot of progress this week. I finished the heel of the first sock. I frogged completely my Peak Island Hoodie and started finally the Pedsetrian Crosing Cowl in a KAL with the group of Dramatic Knits. I am supposed to finish it for the 26, I will try but not hurry for it.

And finally, still working on my blanket that has a big stop when I finished my last ball of white. Yes, it's for that the title. I needed more white and dark green yarn. I took the dark green with me and not the white so sure, I will see the difference between the off-white and white... and of course I could not. So I went another time and change my three new balls. It was not a total lost, because I needed to go to another casher and I discover a big sale on button... My Pedestrian just found his buttons. I came back with just 9 sets of button, 2 for the Pedestrian, 4 of a reddish color (16 total), 1 metallic, will be perfect with a denim color and 2 of green emerald (16 too). I bought two in big quantity in the idea of a cardigan, but I do not know exactly how... but can we have too much buttons? and all for 9$, happy me.

I do not know if it was so wise to start this year of project, I never had so much wotk in progress since I have started it. I think the biggest goal will be at the end of this year of projects to have only one. So much easy for moving.

8 comments:

  1. It seems to have worked out well because you found the button sale...I hate trying to match colors..

    congrats on your hard work..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful socks, cowl and your blanket.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the socks, cowl and blanket and your right you can never have to many buttons. Of course you'll get the projects finished, we will encourage you along the way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can never ever have too many buttons. Ever. :)

    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry about the frogging :( Sometimes there are bad weeks. Ruth is right, you'll never go short of encouragement here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Finding the right buttons and finding them on sale is a definite score! Sometimes I struggle with that. As for the white, I can imagine doing exactly the same thing.

    You've got some big projects on the go - no sense rushing them. A little progress each week and they'll get done eventually :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like you're off to a good start...finding a sale and the right buttons!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Don't worry about WIPs, last year I had loads and it was so good at forcing me to finish them! And yay for buttons!

    ReplyDelete